Thursday, August 13, 2009

Local Flavor: Instant Eden

So often products are overlooked, for reasons unknown to many of us and unfortunately, Instant Eden hasn’t been named a trailblazer –that is until now.

Through the novelty of mixing your own scents to make “your unique signature”
Instant Eden gets your attention and learning the process of Organics will keep you coming back time and time again. Melissa, creator and owner, sums up the whole of her business as, “My objective is to have a product reflect the person who wears it – not me. On the emotional level – I love to use the power of fragrance to change people’s lives. You can change your fragrance to move yourself from where you are to where you want to be.”

If the novelty ever wears off, which we doubt it will. But just by chance it does, here is what we believe is probably the most important detail we have not discussed. Again Melissa says it best, “We should all be able to afford to do the right thing for our own health and the health of the planet. Making a product environmentally friendly should always be a major part of any design process.” This is why we put Instant Eden in the trailblazer category, because we suspect it has been passed by by those who might judge it by its cover. From “the best reed diffusers around, aromatherapy, sets for sleep and passion, sea salt scrubs, custom organic body lotion and shower gel and an organic skin line,” the health of both the customer and the planet is always main focus.

Follow the scents and it will lead to, Melissa, owner and creator of Instant Eden Organics. Melissa, like many bold women before her, is a proud mother. A doting mom of three young men who are her right hand from creation to being the greatest support. Instant Eden comes out of a necessity after the death of her husband. Turning the page to a brand new chapter full of creativity, the knowledge of over 30 years in aromatherapy and a lot of hard work came Instant Eden Organics. Melissa’s passion for her product and customers is her own unique signature. And we here at
Groovy Guru Granola applaud her and support the change she continues to make in the lives of her customers and for the planet.

Instant Eden Organics can be found one more week at the Historic Haymarket Farmer’s Market (in Lincoln, Nebraska) on August 22. You can also buy year round at both
The Basket Bunch and at www.instanteden.com. Melissa also offers “fun parties” at your convenience, fundraising opportunities and at many events around Lincoln, Nebraska.


Note: Instant Eden Organics had full knowledge of article and is in support of it. Public comment welcomed!

17 comments:

  1. Melissa,

    Your story touched the center of my heart and I want to thank you for sharing yourself with us. Your passion shared ignited a brand new fire in us as well.

    May this article shine light on your cause. And I can only see good things are ahead for you, your family and your business.

    Katie-Kat
    Owner & Creator
    www.groovygurugranola.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm, sounds wonderful! I will definitely check Instant Eden out on Aug. 22nd. Another great article Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered a bath scrub from you guys a few months back and it was the best thing I've ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian Murphy from Lincoln, Neb.August 15, 2009 at 6:32 PM

    I had no idea that when I get an e-mail from the Guru's that it would be for Instant Eden! I'm so excited because I bought a basket for my wife in college view a good month ago and she just loved the lotion that was part of it. And luckily for me this article was written and we have a website for the lotion. Thanks so much. You've made me a much happier man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a widow as well and reading this article and then the one posted on your website. I think I just might go for a dream or two. Thanks for the inspiration. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a great idea, mixing up whatever you want. Pure inspiration on that thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had a fragrance party that Melissa hosted and it was SOOOO much fun! Had a small group of gals and we all walked away with our very own and unique fragrance. Melissa was so fun and made the night enjoyable for all.

    I highly recommend her and all of her product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you get this all the time, but you made the most difference in the health of my skin. I was on Mary Kay for years and then switch to Avon when my skin started to break out in rash. I finally fell upon your skin care line through a friend and it has made such a differnce. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Millain from LincolnAugust 17, 2009 at 8:33 AM

    I love my diffuser! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great article! And I love the Instant Eden website. I sent a good half hour just looking at all the fun stuff you have. I will be in Lincoln this coming weekend and luckily you will be there. So Saturday I'll stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favorite local gifts to send to family and friends out of state. My favorites are the lotions and scrubs. My girlfriends from college really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great stuff! I've had my diffuser for over six months and it still leaves a wonderful smell in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The oils are the best in your product. I sold Avon for over 10 tens and nothing beats Instant Eden. Thanks so much for the beauty you bring to women!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm confused. Part of the Instant Eden website makes to sound like some type of Mary Kay, where a person can join and sell the product. Is that true? And would that really make it a ma and pa thing anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been by your booth like 100 times at the Haymarket and never realzed you had a story like this. I will definitly stop this next time and finally see what all the fuss is about.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm allergic to everything. My entire life I've tried this and that, but for some reason your stuff doesn't make my skin go nuts. Thank you. And believe me, many people thank you for that same reason. It's horrible growing up and not being able to use anything scented. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melissa is a wonderfuly smart and creative women...im so glad that the world is getting to share in your awesomeness! You go girl!
    abigail from sacramento

    ReplyDelete